IIT Bandhu site for purpose of this document IIT Bombay and IITB-Bandhu will be used interchangeably.
The contents of the IITB-BANDHU site, including text, graphics, images, and other material are for informational purposes only. Nothing contained in this site is or should be considered or used as a substitute for professional medical or mental health advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
The IITB-BANDHU site and its contents are presented as information for the general public however without any warranty or guarantee. IITB-BANDHU is not liable to any user or anyone else for any decision made or action taken based the information contained on or provided through the site. No express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements of any kind whatsoever is made (including without limitation, warranties of title or non-infringement of third parties’ rights, or any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose) with respect to any information, or other material provided on or through the website.
Ownership of the Website
The Website contains content maintained by IITB-BANDHU. The user shall not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the IITB-BANDHU Content and shall not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the IITB-BANDHU Content. The IITB-BANDHU name and logo may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of IIT Bombay. In addition, all custom graphics, button icons and scripts may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from IIT Bombay.
Use of the Website and conduct
- The User may use the website for lawful purposes only.
- The User shall not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Website in any medium; (ii) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email by making use of the Website; (iv) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Website; (iii) taking any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole estimation an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (iv) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Website; (v) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Website; (vi) using the Website for any commercial purposes without having all necessary rights and licenses to the User Content (defined below); (vii) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide identity; (viii) interfering with the proper working of the Website; (ix) accessing any content on the Website through any technology or means other than those capabilities provided by the Website; or (x) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Website or the content therein.
- The copyright of the content of the Portal remains solely with IIT Bombay. Copying of the content featured in the Portal is prohibited, unless explicitly permitted by IITB-BANDHU, in writing. Subject to permission given by IITB-BANDHU, the content shall not be used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. If any user is interested to use the material of IITB-BANDHU featured in this Website, then, the user is required to take the permission from the IIT Bombay. Nevertheless, the material has to be reproduced accurately and not to be used in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context. Users are requested to acknowledge appropriately for the material used.
- "Users" will have to ensure compliance with and are not allowed to modify any legal notices, intellectual property usage terms and conditions, or any agreements, and Privacy policies displayed on this “Site” or presented along with any content displayed on our "Site".
- The information contained in this website is solely for the purpose of information dissemination. Though all efforts have been made to ensure the correctness and currentness of the content on this Website, the same should not be surmised as a statement of law (or used for any legal purpose). IITB-BANDHU is not responsible for any damages or loss incurred due to the usage of the information appearing in this website.
- This website may contain links to Government and Private Organizations. The contents of those sites are not to be construed as a responsibility of or endorsement by the IITB-BANDHU and are owned by the respective organizations which may be contacted for any further information or suggestion.
- IITB-BANDHU at its sole discretion at any time may deactivate and bar a User from access to the Portal.
- IIT Bombay shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use the Portal, any websites linked to the Portal, or the materials or information contained at any or all such websites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
- In addition, under no circumstances shall IITB-BANDHU be responsible and liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special and exemplary damages, remote loss/damage of any kind including but not limited to loss of data, loss of goodwill, or other intangibles, loss of revenues, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunities, loss of health, loss of reputation, etc., even if the User has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
By accessing the IITB-BANDHU online self help portal (the “Portal”) through an internet browser or a mobile app or through any other handheld or device, the “User” agrees to
- abide by all the terms and conditions pertaining to the use of IITB-BANDHU website as given.
- access and use the Portal only for the purpose of access to information and content as available therein and for fair or non-infringing use.
- Not violate any policy, rules, regulations which will attract any legal liability and action.
- Indemnify and hold harmless IIT Bombay and its employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, damages, expenses (including, but not limited to reasonable legal fee), and/or actions, arising out of /related to or incidental to use of or the inability to use the Portal, or resulting from unauthorized usage of the Portal by the User.
Last updated 30/6/2021
- The information provided by the User on the said Portal will be used by IITB-BANDHU for the simple purpose of proceeding with the interaction for display of the content under its administration.
- The information provided by the User on the said Portal will not be shared with any third party except for the following reasons:
- In special circumstances such as compliance with subpoenas, court orders, request / order from legal authorities or law enforcement agencies requiring such disclosure,
- For any other reason considered appropriate by IITB-BANDHU for effective implementation of the online display of content/information and non-misuse thereof.
- The privacy of information provided by the User is important to IIT Bombay who will use reasonable efforts to protect the User’s information, if any. However, IIT Bombay will not be held liable for loss of information or its privacy, which is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- IIT Bombay will take reasonable precautions to protect the Portal from cyber attacks, however, it does not guarantee (either express or implied) that such attacks will not happen and shall not be responsible or liable for any damage due to such events. The User shall ensure that his/her devices are safe from cyber attack of any kind and from any source. The User shall take due precautions while downloading content from or accessing the Portal.
- The security of the User’s Personal Information is important, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While IIT Bombay will strive to use reasonably acceptable means to protect User’s Personal Information, its absolute security cannot be guaranteed. IITB-BANDHU will follow all standard security protocols, and take all reasonable precautions to protect the “Site” from any cyber-attacks. We do not, however, hold out any guarantee (either express or implied), that such attacks will never happen. All "Users" are required to ensure that their own devices are safe from any cyber-attack of any kind and from any source. The "Users" are advised to take due precautions while downloading or accessing the content. IIT Bombay will not be responsible or liable for any damage due to such unexpected events.
- "Users" of this "Site" agree to indemnify and hold harmlessIIT Bombay and its employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, officers, directors, from and against any and all liability, loss, claims, damages, expenses (including, but not limited to reasonable legal fee), and/or actions, arising out of /related or incidental to use of or the inability to use the “Site” contents provided/edited/changed/updated, or resulting from unauthorized usage by the "Users" on this "Site". Under no circumstances, , shall IIT Bombay or its associates be responsible and liable to "Users" for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, and exemplary or direct or indirect damages, remote loss/damage of any kind including but not limited to loss of data, loss of goodwill, or other intangibles, loss of revenues, loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunities, loss of health, loss of reputation, etc., even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages.