Assertiveness expressing your opinion clearly and be respectful to others. Communicating in a clear language and in an assertive manner that can help you to control anger, and create strong relationships with friends, family and others.
What contributes to Assertiveness?
What to say?
- Be specific & clear
- Own” your message
- Ask for feedback and listen to their response
How to say?
- Maintain an Eye Contact
- Body posture
- Physical contact and Distance
- Facial Expressions and gestures
The Benefits of Being Assertive
- Gain self-confidence and self-esteem
- Understand and recognize your feelings
- Earn respect from others
- Improve communication
- Create win-win situations
- Improve your decision-making skills
- Create honest relationships
- Gain more job satisfaction
Barriers to Assertiveness
- No right to be assertive
- Lack of skills to express
- Fearful and highly anxious
- Social and cultural factors
- Fear of being judged and rejected
Types of Communications